The Y. So Much More.™
Throughout Macon and Shelby Counties, countless people know the Long Branch Area YMCA. But there’s So Much More to our Y than one might think. From Fitness to Fellowship, from Volleyball to Volunteering, from Child Watch to Chronic Disease Prevention, the Y doesn’t just strengthen bodies—The YMCA strengthens our community.
Our Annual Campaign raises the charitable funds needed to continue our vital work. This year, as part of our campaign, we want people to think of the Y as So Much More than a gym. In our community and around the country, the Y is a cause—a cause worth investing in. The Y is a movement, with a mission—To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Did you know ... every day we work to support the people that need us most by addressing community issues in our three focus areas of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Our Annual Campaign donors make it possible for children, families and adults to have access to Y programs vital to our community. While we strive to keep values-based youth programs and fees affordable by subsidizing some of the real costs, we know that during difficult times some individuals and families will need financial assistance. Through the Annual Campaign, we are able to ensure that no one is turned away from Y programs and services based on their inability to pay. Community support helps hundreds of youth and families share the YMCA experience!
Won’t you join our efforts to spread the message throughout that the Y is So Much More? Please support the Long Branch Area YMCA, our cause and mission.
We serve all incomes, ages and abilities
- We are one of the largest not for profit, 501(C)3, charitable, community service organizations in Macon and Shelby County, serving over 3,000 people each year. The Y welcomes all: young and old, men and women, people of all faiths, races, abilities, backgrounds and incomes.
- We provide approximately $42,000 annually in financial assistance for children and families.
We mobilize community resources to meet community needs
- Locally Driven: Our YMCA was created and is governed by a local Board of 24 Volunteer Directors.
- Contributed Income: Our YMCA receives approximately $42,000 in support from annual community contributors which represents almost 9% of our total revenue. Our YMCA is debt free.
- Volunteer Hours: Over 125 volunteers serve our community, volunteering over 2,760 hours annually.
- Partners: Our YMCA works with the following organizations: the City of Macon, Area Schools, Boone Hospital Center, Samaritan Hospital, Macon County Ministries, Loch Haven Nursing Home, Macon Jaycees, Missouri Neighborhood Assistance Program and the Missouri Foundation for Health.
YMCA Values: Faith, Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
YMCA Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.